Wednesday, November 23, 2005

CONVERSATION WITH A CRICKET JOURNO

BY BISWADEEP GHOSH

The Rahul Dravid-Greg Chappell duo are winning matches for India, a senior cricket journo told me just after Ganguly made a comeback to the team. Needless to say, he was hassled. So, what are his allegations against Sourav?
He: He has not been performing with the bat.
I: Everybody goes through a low. Ganguly was dropped because he did not perform. Now he has given enough evidence that he wants to make a comeback. So, big deal!
He: Ganguly has turned into a conniving politician of late.
I: Evidence?
He: I know the inside story.
I: What is the inside story? If you journos know it, you should spill the beans right? That is what you are paid for.
Briefly, evidence!
He: The majority who are talking about Ganguly are Bengalis. Shame on you.
I: Big deal! Have you forgotten the days when Bombay used to decide the choice of players in the Indian cricket team? Didn't one person from the Bombay lobby back another? He is an icon in Bengal. So, Bengalis would worship him just as nobody from Bombay wants to believe that Sachin is not at his best any longer.
He: He has been a bad influence on the team because of his insecurities.
I: He created the team you are talking about. So, evidence!
He: I cannot tell you for you to blog it.
I: I won't tell who you are but certainly blog it. Why? Like every cricket lover, I want to how much shit is flying around if it is.
In other words, I want evidence against the guy, written by journos whose job is to break stories and not sit over them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did this hack get back to you with stories? Keep us posted.