Thursday, October 11, 2007

HURRY, OUR WORRY

BISWADEEP GHOSH

“Hello, can you please…?”
“Yes, definitely. Right now, oh, please hold on for a sec…hello?”

If the question makes no sense, the reply doesn’t either. All I can hear on the other side are incomplete sentences as I try to speak and get some information from a girl in a hurry. At least ten others like me are talking to her at one time; she needs to keep each of us posted on each and everything; and, well, that explains why some sentences convey less, and others even lesser. Her cooperation means a lot of us; only, I don’t know what she means once in a while. But, I understand.

Have I experienced so much traffic at work? Living in an era of speeding up of time –whose repercussions I had dealt with in my previous article – I definitely have. Sometime or the other, and usually when the day ought to end, one of our phones rings ominously. Someone we know, we know, is at the other end, and about to unleash a spell that will decide the course of our night. The menu for dinner promises to have one recipe: WORK!

“Hello, how are you doing?” A familiar voice starts a familiar prelude whose subsequent chapters are unknown to us. “You know, since we intend to create a mountain out of a molehill, we would like you to find about one million living moles in the next one hour,” the voice continues, “All you have to do is assemble the moles in a lunchbox and courier them by email.”

How can one courier by email? How the hell does one find one million moles? How will they fit into one lunchbox if we do? Questions torment the weary mind which knows that impossible things can be achieved, but not what is more than impossible. But then, failures being the pillars of success as they say, we motivate ourselves to make a pillar during the next hour. Once that is achieved, we take some flak back home, waiting for the next night. A job badly done, a battle that wasn’t won: life can be so distressingly simple that we hope and pray for easier complications that rarely come our way.

During my birthday last week, I received a lot of lectures on why I should be getting married. Guys, here is some news. I intend to do that very soon, by paying a fat dowry and getting a wife who will view me the way she will look at SRK or Brad Pitt: a cute laptop.

1 comment:

TidBits said...

Hehehehehehe!!!!!!
It's soooooooooo funny :)